7 On Your Side
DMV appointments can be made 45 days in advanced
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The frustrations of getting one at the DMV could be alleviated.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is now allowing you to make an appointment up to 45 days in advance.
Previously, the earliest you could make an appointment was 30 days, but DMV field offices are now closed at least three Fridays a month because of the budget crunch and that's created a backlog of appointments.
The DMV says the new system will be monitored and expanded to a 60-day period if necessary.
sacramento, DMV, 7 on your side
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 56 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders 29 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos