7 On Your Side
Consumer Reports predicts more Toyota recalls
With his ears still ringing from Wednesday's congressional grilling, Toyota's chief executive met with Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood on Thursday.
Cameras were not allowed at the meeting, but Akio Toyota pledged to "advance safety to the next level."
Complaints from consumers have poured into the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration since recall of more than 10 million Toyotas.
7 On Your Side spoke to the auto editor for Consumer Reports today. He predicted more recalls could be coming, based on comments from the president of Toyota's U.S. division.
"Jim Lentz definitely said that he can't give 100 percent assurance that the recalls are done. And by him saying that, it's obvious they're still investigating everything and I wouldn't be surprised that there might be more recalls going out there," says Jon Linkov from Consumer Reports.
Consumer reports called for more congressional funding for the Highway Traffic Safety Administration to insure public safety.
Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. Both Consumer Reports and Consumers Union are not-for-profit organizations that accept no advertising. Neither has any commercial relationship with any advertiser or sponsor on this site.
(All Consumer Reports Material Copyright 2010. Consumers Union of U.S. Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan 4 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 56 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday