7 On Your Side
Consumer Reports predicts more Toyota recalls
With his ears still ringing from Wednesday's congressional grilling, Toyota's chief executive met with Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood on Thursday.
Cameras were not allowed at the meeting, but Akio Toyota pledged to "advance safety to the next level."
Complaints from consumers have poured into the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration since recall of more than 10 million Toyotas.
7 On Your Side spoke to the auto editor for Consumer Reports today. He predicted more recalls could be coming, based on comments from the president of Toyota's U.S. division.
"Jim Lentz definitely said that he can't give 100 percent assurance that the recalls are done. And by him saying that, it's obvious they're still investigating everything and I wouldn't be surprised that there might be more recalls going out there," says Jon Linkov from Consumer Reports.
Consumer reports called for more congressional funding for the Highway Traffic Safety Administration to insure public safety.
Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. Both Consumer Reports and Consumers Union are not-for-profit organizations that accept no advertising. Neither has any commercial relationship with any advertiser or sponsor on this site.
(All Consumer Reports Material Copyright 2010. Consumers Union of U.S. Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 7 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed