7 On Your Side
You might qualify for a home buyer credit
If you want a cool $8,000 from the federal government, you had better get moving.
Part of the federal stimulus money is being used to reward consumers for buying homes, it is called the Home Buyer Tax Credit, however the deadlines are approaching and if you don't move fast you'll miss out.
You must sign a contract by the end of April and close the deal by the end of June. There is a lot of confusion about this program, but it is not just for first-time home buyers and it is not just for low income families.
So talk with a real estate agent and accountant, since this might be a very good time for you to buy a home.
housing market, stimulus funds, 7 on your side
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire