7 On Your Side
You might qualify for a home buyer credit
If you want a cool $8,000 from the federal government, you had better get moving.
Part of the federal stimulus money is being used to reward consumers for buying homes, it is called the Home Buyer Tax Credit, however the deadlines are approaching and if you don't move fast you'll miss out.
You must sign a contract by the end of April and close the deal by the end of June. There is a lot of confusion about this program, but it is not just for first-time home buyers and it is not just for low income families.
So talk with a real estate agent and accountant, since this might be a very good time for you to buy a home.
housing market, stimulus funds, 7 on your side
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation 22 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos