7 On Your Side
LifeLock still can't protect the identity of CEO
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- He put his Social Security number on TV, billboards, online and in print and dared thieves to steal his identity and they did -- repeatedly.
LifeLock CEO Todd Davis says he's confident enough to reveal his Social Security number because LifeLock is protecting his identity.
However, the Phoenix New Times is reporting that identity thieves have managed to get loans, credit and cell phones in his name 13 times.
7 On Your Side looked at Davis' company in 2008 and found that the services it provides are actually available free with a few phone calls.
identity theft, 7 on your side
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 35 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school 17 min ago
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday