7 On Your Side
LifeLock still can't protect the identity of CEO
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- He put his Social Security number on TV, billboards, online and in print and dared thieves to steal his identity and they did -- repeatedly.
LifeLock CEO Todd Davis says he's confident enough to reveal his Social Security number because LifeLock is protecting his identity.
However, the Phoenix New Times is reporting that identity thieves have managed to get loans, credit and cell phones in his name 13 times.
7 On Your Side looked at Davis' company in 2008 and found that the services it provides are actually available free with a few phone calls.
identity theft, 7 on your side
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 55 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos