7 On Your Side
LifeLock still can't protect the identity of CEO
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- He put his Social Security number on TV, billboards, online and in print and dared thieves to steal his identity and they did -- repeatedly.
LifeLock CEO Todd Davis says he's confident enough to reveal his Social Security number because LifeLock is protecting his identity.
However, the Phoenix New Times is reporting that identity thieves have managed to get loans, credit and cell phones in his name 13 times.
7 On Your Side looked at Davis' company in 2008 and found that the services it provides are actually available free with a few phone calls.
identity theft, 7 on your side
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting