7 On Your Side
Higher air fares expected this holiday season
We've been telling you to expect to pay higher fares to fly this holiday, now we know just how much more.
A survey conducted by FareCompare.com for USA Today found on average domestic fares will be up 17 percent around the holidays.
On some routes, prices are up 59 percent before Thanksgiving and 40 percent before Christmas.
The folks at Travel Zoo tell ABC7 for the best deals, the best days to fly include the Sunday before Thanksgiving and the Friday after.
7 on your side
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 29 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday