7 On Your Side
Cyber Monday was a bad day for buying knockoffs
Cyber Monday was a lousy day to try to buy knock offs.
The federal government zeroed in on websites selling counterfeit goods and copyrighted materials.
Authorities have seized 82 domain names of commercial websites, stopping the sale of thousands of counterfeit items like fake Rolexes and designer purses.
Also targeted are illegal copies of music and software.
Billions of dollars are lost every year when consumers, sometimes knowingly, but often not are sold fakes.
shopping, cyber monday, 7 on your side
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday