7 On Your Side
Watchdog group asks for top Blue Shield salaries
Pressure is building on Blue Shield to justify huge rate increases for health insurance; some of them were up to 59 percent.
Though most of us have group insurance, that 59 percent rate hike will still affect an estimated 200,000 policy holders.
The group Consumer Watchdog called on Blue Shield to release the salaries of its top executives.
It also asked for more data to justify what went into the rate hike decision.
The group says the company has a cash surplus of nearly $3 billion.
Blue Shield did not return ABC7's call for comment.
health insurance, blue shield, 7 on your side
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 38 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 26 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 27 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 7 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 12 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 30 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos