7 On Your Side
Walmart to launch 'tween' make up line
You may not recognize the tween that might live next door to you, or maybe even in your own home.
Walmart has come out with its line of tween make up. The use of mascara by tweens has almost doubled from 10 percent in 2007 to 18 percent in 2009. Girls we talked to love it, but one psychiatrist isn't so positive.
"The use of make up in some way can be addictive. And what these children would be addicted to is the pursuit of perfection. The superficial, skin deep, I'm only as good as I look," psychiatrist Dr. Henry Paul said.
Tweens spend roughly $24 million a year on beauty products.
shopping, walmart, 7 on your side
- Amber Alert issued for child from Long Beach 26 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd