7 On Your Side
Walmart to launch 'tween' make up line
You may not recognize the tween that might live next door to you, or maybe even in your own home.
Walmart has come out with its line of tween make up. The use of mascara by tweens has almost doubled from 10 percent in 2007 to 18 percent in 2009. Girls we talked to love it, but one psychiatrist isn't so positive.
"The use of make up in some way can be addictive. And what these children would be addicted to is the pursuit of perfection. The superficial, skin deep, I'm only as good as I look," psychiatrist Dr. Henry Paul said.
Tweens spend roughly $24 million a year on beauty products.
shopping, walmart, 7 on your side
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 30 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live 44 min ago
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline 52 min ago
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels 55 min ago
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body 39 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oklahoma tornado survivors counting blessings
51 min ago