7 On Your Side
YouTube can lead to lucrative salary
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- If you are looking for a part-time job perhaps with full time pay, then YouTube can be the answer.
YouTube's partner program places ads alongside original content and then splits the revenue with the creator. Michelle Phan is making thousands showing women how to apply makeup and Rob Homayoon is doing the same instructing on origami.
YouTube says 15,000 people are in their partner program and hundreds are making six figures a year. Thousands are making about a grand per month. It isn't likely you'll do that well, but then you'll never know unless you make a video and post.
internet, social media, youtube, 7 on your side
- Boy's body found at the bottom of a canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 37 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 43 min ago
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 19 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found 49 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 13 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
10 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
37 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T...
43 min ago