7 On Your Side
YouTube can lead to lucrative salary
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- If you are looking for a part-time job perhaps with full time pay, then YouTube can be the answer.
YouTube's partner program places ads alongside original content and then splits the revenue with the creator. Michelle Phan is making thousands showing women how to apply makeup and Rob Homayoon is doing the same instructing on origami.
YouTube says 15,000 people are in their partner program and hundreds are making six figures a year. Thousands are making about a grand per month. It isn't likely you'll do that well, but then you'll never know unless you make a video and post.
internet, social media, youtube, 7 on your side
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament 39 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos