7 On Your Side
Gambling on the price of airfare?
Would you take a gamble on the price for an airline ticket?
Allegiant Air wants to give you the option to purchase a ticket at a variable rate. Your price would depend on the cost of airline fuel on the day you actually fly. You would pay a certain amount for the ticket, and if fuel prices go up, you would pay more. If prices drop, you get cash back.
It's a novel idea that the airline hopes the federal government will allow.
websites, economy, 7 on your side
- Crews demolishing building in massive Mission Bay fire 25 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 22 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation 49 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos