7 On Your Side
Costco to debut bridal wear collection
If you're planning a wedding on a budget, there's a way to save thousands on a designer wedding gown. You just have to get it at a grocery store.
Brides-to-be can shop for dresses by a top designer -- of all places -- at Costco. The big box store, more known for bulk toilet paper, teamed up with designer Kirstie Kelly. She has designed six gowns just for Costco. They go for about half the usual prices; some under a $1,000.
"It's really about creating this concept for the brides so she understands and knows she's getting a high quality gown. it is a couture styled gown. The only difference is the price," Kelly said.
The gowns are sold in a traveling trunk show that's now in Los Angeles. They will be in Bay Area stores in late spring.
fashion, 7 on your side
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 51 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash 30 min ago
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
46 min ago