7 On Your Side
Costco to debut bridal wear collection
If you're planning a wedding on a budget, there's a way to save thousands on a designer wedding gown. You just have to get it at a grocery store.
Brides-to-be can shop for dresses by a top designer -- of all places -- at Costco. The big box store, more known for bulk toilet paper, teamed up with designer Kirstie Kelly. She has designed six gowns just for Costco. They go for about half the usual prices; some under a $1,000.
"It's really about creating this concept for the brides so she understands and knows she's getting a high quality gown. it is a couture styled gown. The only difference is the price," Kelly said.
The gowns are sold in a traveling trunk show that's now in Los Angeles. They will be in Bay Area stores in late spring.
fashion, 7 on your side
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 47 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 37 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 34 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 18 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 52 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh does push-ups with... 4 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos