7 On Your Side
Costco to debut bridal wear collection
If you're planning a wedding on a budget, there's a way to save thousands on a designer wedding gown. You just have to get it at a grocery store.
Brides-to-be can shop for dresses by a top designer -- of all places -- at Costco. The big box store, more known for bulk toilet paper, teamed up with designer Kirstie Kelly. She has designed six gowns just for Costco. They go for about half the usual prices; some under a $1,000.
"It's really about creating this concept for the brides so she understands and knows she's getting a high quality gown. it is a couture styled gown. The only difference is the price," Kelly said.
The gowns are sold in a traveling trunk show that's now in Los Angeles. They will be in Bay Area stores in late spring.
fashion, 7 on your side
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 8 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 41 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 9 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos