7 On Your Side
Government IDs will have to match travel tickets exactly
The Osama bin Laden killing has put many agencies on high alert and that means travelers should expect rules to be followed to the letter.
Travel security experts say the killing of Osama bin Laden makes security officials nervous and when they are nervous, consumers have to jump through more hoops.
Here's one place you are likely to get caught up -- the name on your airline ticket. New rules demand the name on the ticket match the name on your government issued I.D. exactly.
Up until now, the rules has been followed, but with a little bit of wiggle room; experts now say just assume that wiggle is now gone.
airport security, osama bin laden, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday