7 On Your Side
Rental car companies charge a premium for gas
Gas prices are high enough at the pump but watch out if you rent a car.
A survey by USA Today shows you could pay double market prices for gas if you don't refill the tank before returning the car. Rent-a-car companies charge from $5.79 per gallon up to $9.29 per gallon if the tank isn't full.
Rental agencies say avoid the high prices by pre-paying for a tank of gas when you rent the car or just fill it up yourself right before returning the car.
So where is the most expensive gas?
The LA Times found it in Hawaii -- $6.03 per gallon at a station on Maui
The cheapest was found in Casper, Wyoming -- $3.36 per gallon at a convenience store.
gas prices, 7 on your side
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 51 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 6 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 12 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 8 min ago
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 55 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 19 min ago