7 On Your Side
Report: Toyota slow to identify problems
A panel set up last year by Toyota after a series of recalls says the company failed to listen to its critics.
Toyota launched the seven-member panel after it recalled millions of its vehicles for safety defects.
A report released Monday says the company's structure made it slow to identify and then slow to correct safety issues. Instead, it became defensive.
Toyota says it has since hired chief safety officers and now allows more time for testing of its vehicles.
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 1 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday