7 On Your Side
Report: Toyota slow to identify problems
A panel set up last year by Toyota after a series of recalls says the company failed to listen to its critics.
Toyota launched the seven-member panel after it recalled millions of its vehicles for safety defects.
A report released Monday says the company's structure made it slow to identify and then slow to correct safety issues. Instead, it became defensive.
Toyota says it has since hired chief safety officers and now allows more time for testing of its vehicles.
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation 2 min ago
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- Blanco's 2-run triple in 7th helps Giants win, 4-2
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit 24 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday