7 On Your Side
Report: Toyota slow to identify problems
A panel set up last year by Toyota after a series of recalls says the company failed to listen to its critics.
Toyota launched the seven-member panel after it recalled millions of its vehicles for safety defects.
A report released Monday says the company's structure made it slow to identify and then slow to correct safety issues. Instead, it became defensive.
Toyota says it has since hired chief safety officers and now allows more time for testing of its vehicles.
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...