7 On Your Side
Report: Toyota slow to identify problems
A panel set up last year by Toyota after a series of recalls says the company failed to listen to its critics.
Toyota launched the seven-member panel after it recalled millions of its vehicles for safety defects.
A report released Monday says the company's structure made it slow to identify and then slow to correct safety issues. Instead, it became defensive.
Toyota says it has since hired chief safety officers and now allows more time for testing of its vehicles.
toyota, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos