7 On Your Side
DMV waits to send out car renewal notices to drivers
If your car registration is due in July or August, you won't be hearing from the Department of Motor Vehicles for a while.
The Legislature hasn't decided what to charge you yet, so the DMV can't send out a bill. That means no notices, no fees and no new license plate stickers until the Legislature gets its act together.
Law enforcement agencies across the country have been notified. So, motorists shouldn't be cited for expired tags.
DMV, 7 on your side
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
7 min ago