7 On Your Side
DMV waits to send out car renewal notices to drivers
If your car registration is due in July or August, you won't be hearing from the Department of Motor Vehicles for a while.
The Legislature hasn't decided what to charge you yet, so the DMV can't send out a bill. That means no notices, no fees and no new license plate stickers until the Legislature gets its act together.
Law enforcement agencies across the country have been notified. So, motorists shouldn't be cited for expired tags.
DMV, 7 on your side
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord 25 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 32 min ago
- Memorial to take place in SF to honor Mandela 12 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
14 min ago