7 On Your Side
DMV waits to send out car renewal notices to drivers
If your car registration is due in July or August, you won't be hearing from the Department of Motor Vehicles for a while.
The Legislature hasn't decided what to charge you yet, so the DMV can't send out a bill. That means no notices, no fees and no new license plate stickers until the Legislature gets its act together.
Law enforcement agencies across the country have been notified. So, motorists shouldn't be cited for expired tags.
DMV, 7 on your side
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area 30 min ago
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
36 min ago