7 On Your Side
DMV renewals will resume
More than two million California motorists will be getting their registration renewals in the mail this week.
All renewals had been halted while the legislature struggled to come up with a balanced budget. The Department Of Motor Vehicles now says renewals have been resumed now that a new budget is in place.
"You really don't have to sweat it. We're going to give you a 30-day grace period in order to pay that renewal without any penalties. We've already notified all the law enforcement here in California," said Jaime Garza from the Department Of Motor Vehicles.
Also, out of state police have also been notified for those traveling out of state.
DMV, california budget crisis, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday