7 On Your Side
DMV renewals will resume
More than two million California motorists will be getting their registration renewals in the mail this week.
All renewals had been halted while the legislature struggled to come up with a balanced budget. The Department Of Motor Vehicles now says renewals have been resumed now that a new budget is in place.
"You really don't have to sweat it. We're going to give you a 30-day grace period in order to pay that renewal without any penalties. We've already notified all the law enforcement here in California," said Jaime Garza from the Department Of Motor Vehicles.
Also, out of state police have also been notified for those traveling out of state.
DMV, california budget crisis, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 42 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 32 min ago
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 29 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 13 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 47 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos