7 On Your Side
Groups continue to pressure NPS on Half Dome
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- More pressure on the National Park Service tonight, the issue is Half Dome.
We first told you, permits to climb the monolith were being bought and sold by scalpers. Actual hikers had all but no chance of getting permits.
After our report aired there was a cracked down on Craigslist and Yosemite officials tightened the permit process.
Now, a group called SaveHalfDome.com is pushing the park service to drop the permit process all together, add more capacity on Half Dome and make the climb up safer.
yosemite, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 16 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 10 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 53 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 28 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 20 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos