7 On Your Side
Starbucks employees don't have to share tips with managers
NEW YORK (KGO) -- So who is entitled to those tips you leave in the jar at Starbucks?
A federal court in New York ruled that store managers aren't necessarily entitled to part of the loot. A group of managers sued, since they wanted in on the tips just like the hourly workers.
However, the court dismissed the managers' case saying Starbucks policy does not violate labor laws.
Starbucks policy says tips go to hourly workers, not to salaried managers.
starbucks, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Market streets in SF 1 min ago
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 38 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 35 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos