7 On Your Side
Report released on cost of having a kid
Citibank and BabyCenter.com today released its report on the cost of raising a child.
It's estimate is $227,000 to raise a child born last year to the age of 18.
That figure does not include the cost of college.
The report found that the recession has put a greater stress on parents than ever before.
Two out of three moms surveyed say cost is a factor in determining how many children they will have.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 29 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 31 min ago
- Sharks look to extend series vs. Kings to 7th game
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 24 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday