7 On Your Side
Ticketmaster competitor to launch this weekend
One of the most common gripes about buying tickets to a concert or sporting event are the high convenience fees you have to pay. Many attribute that to the lack of competition, with Ticketmaster dominating the ticket selling industry.
Now that's about to change. Axs kicks off its service this weekend.
7 On Your Side checked its website and it remains to be seen if the new competition will lower prices. In the Bay Area, shows sold by Axs are fairly limited.
Axs and Ticketron charged the same service charge of nearly 40 percent for an upcoming Hanson concert.
Axs is owned by concert promotion giant AEG.
websites, ticketmaster, 7 on your side
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday