7 On Your Side
Ticketmaster competitor to launch this weekend
One of the most common gripes about buying tickets to a concert or sporting event are the high convenience fees you have to pay. Many attribute that to the lack of competition, with Ticketmaster dominating the ticket selling industry.
Now that's about to change. Axs kicks off its service this weekend.
7 On Your Side checked its website and it remains to be seen if the new competition will lower prices. In the Bay Area, shows sold by Axs are fairly limited.
Axs and Ticketron charged the same service charge of nearly 40 percent for an upcoming Hanson concert.
Axs is owned by concert promotion giant AEG.
websites, ticketmaster, 7 on your side
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case