7 On Your Side
Warning Issued: Flood-damaged cars for sale
Here's a warning for car buyers in the wake of recent flooding that has swept parts of the country.
You may have seen the flooding caused by Tropical Storm Lee and Hurricane Irene. Raging waters swallowed up cars in Chattanooga, Tennessee earlier this week.
Edmunds.com warns that when there is flooding, there are flood-damaged cars hitting the market. You don't have to be in a flood area to see those cars being sold. Damaged cars are sometimes refurbished and resold, often to unsuspecting buyers on the West Coast.
You can protect yourself by checking the government's new database on a car's history.
A flood title on a car warns future buyers about the damage.
flooding, hurricane irene, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 8 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 13 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos