7 On Your Side
Warning Issued: Flood-damaged cars for sale
Here's a warning for car buyers in the wake of recent flooding that has swept parts of the country.
You may have seen the flooding caused by Tropical Storm Lee and Hurricane Irene. Raging waters swallowed up cars in Chattanooga, Tennessee earlier this week.
Edmunds.com warns that when there is flooding, there are flood-damaged cars hitting the market. You don't have to be in a flood area to see those cars being sold. Damaged cars are sometimes refurbished and resold, often to unsuspecting buyers on the West Coast.
You can protect yourself by checking the government's new database on a car's history.
A flood title on a car warns future buyers about the damage.
flooding, hurricane irene, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday