7 On Your Side
Airlines hike up fees for last minute bookings
A new wave of fare hikes began when U.S. Airways increased its round-trip fares up to $10 on many routes.
United, Delta and Continental quickly followed with fare hikes of their own.
The increases apply only to last minute bookings, not advance reservations.
It is the sixth time we've seen fare hikes this year.
The average domestic flight is now running about $247 -- 10 percent higher than last year.
airline industry, united airlines, continental airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley 35 min ago
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating 48 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery 30 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 8 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 53 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday