7 On Your Side
People pull money from banks accused of being unfair
A movement is growing among some towns in New York to pull money from banks accused of being unfair to homeowners.
The New York Times reports that the villages of Hempstead and Freeport have withdrawn millions from Chase.
Ithaca has barred the bank from participating in future bond offerings and Binghamton is expected to vote to withdraw millions.
The U.S. Treasury Department ranks Chase and Bank of America last in the mortgage relief program. Chase says it continues to make improvements and expects future rankings will be better.
chase bank, bank of america, mortgages, foreclosures, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 36 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 15 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos