7 On Your Side
Insurance applicants may be entitled to ID theft protection
If you applied for health insurance with WellPoint-Anthem Blue Cross you may be entitled to free identity theft protection.
Blue Cross has settled a case brought by customers who filled out applications on the company's website. For five months, there were no user names or passwords required, so as many as 600,000 customers may have had their information exposed.
Anyone who applied between October 2009 and March 2010 may be in line for free identity theft protection. The deadline to apply for benefits is Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011.
health insurance, identity theft, anthem blue cross, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 4 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 4 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos