7 On Your Side
Study: Tablet users spend more money online
Know anyone who has a tablet computer? A new study finds the average tablet user spends more time online and more money online too.
Right now only 9-percent of online shoppers own tablets, but more are signing on every day.
That has not gone unnoticed at Amazon. Wednesday the online retailer offered up its new tablet computer the Kindle Fire. It is priced way cheap, just $199.
The Kindle Fire is about half the size of the Apple iPad. Orders are being taken now, but it won't be shipped until November 15.
tablets, shopping, kindle, amazon, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast 25 min ago
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos