7 On Your Side
Bank of America customers locked out online again
Millions of Bank of America customers could not get to their accounts online Wednesday. It's the sixth day in a row and has been a real hassle for customers.
The bank has nearly 29 million customers. When customers tried to log on to their accounts today, they received the same error messages that have been showing up since Friday.
The website slowed to a crawl one day after the bank announced a very unpopular $5 monthly fee for debit cards.
The bank dismissed speculation that hackers disabled the site in retaliation. However the bank still isn't giving a reason for the slowdown. The bank won't say how many customers have been affected, but urged customers who can't get online to do their banking at an ATM or bank branch.
bank of america, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos