7 On Your Side
Bank of America customers locked out online again
Millions of Bank of America customers could not get to their accounts online Wednesday. It's the sixth day in a row and has been a real hassle for customers.
The bank has nearly 29 million customers. When customers tried to log on to their accounts today, they received the same error messages that have been showing up since Friday.
The website slowed to a crawl one day after the bank announced a very unpopular $5 monthly fee for debit cards.
The bank dismissed speculation that hackers disabled the site in retaliation. However the bank still isn't giving a reason for the slowdown. The bank won't say how many customers have been affected, but urged customers who can't get online to do their banking at an ATM or bank branch.
bank of america, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 3 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 34 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos