7 On Your Side
Consumer warning for bides dress shopping
Here's a consumer warning for anyone who planning a big wedding -- watch out for dresses that are priced too low.
Aiste Ray found the perfect wedding dress, but at $1,300, it was a bit pricy. Then she found a website with knockoff dresses for one fourth the price, but she was so disappointed at what she got.
"I can't believe that this is what came. I mean, it was beaded in black, pearls, and it just made no sense. It looked like a middle school project," said Ray.
Another customer got a dress with the distinctive draping of the design that wasn't finished. It was just pinned in place.
The bottom line for bride on a budget, check out the company before sending in your money and consider buying second-hand dresses online.
shopping, weddings, 7 on your side, michael finney
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 1 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 31 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 11 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case