7 On Your Side
Consumer warning for bides dress shopping
Here's a consumer warning for anyone who planning a big wedding -- watch out for dresses that are priced too low.
Aiste Ray found the perfect wedding dress, but at $1,300, it was a bit pricy. Then she found a website with knockoff dresses for one fourth the price, but she was so disappointed at what she got.
"I can't believe that this is what came. I mean, it was beaded in black, pearls, and it just made no sense. It looked like a middle school project," said Ray.
Another customer got a dress with the distinctive draping of the design that wasn't finished. It was just pinned in place.
The bottom line for bride on a budget, check out the company before sending in your money and consider buying second-hand dresses online.
shopping, weddings, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos