7 On Your Side
Salvation Army bell ringers will accept credit cards
The next time you pass by a Salvation Army kettle and don't have loose change, don't worry, you can still donate.
Many Salvation Army bell ringers this year will have high tech gadgets so you can swipe your credit or debit card. The charity recognizes lots of shoppers don't walk around with cash the way we used to.
So many of the bell ringers this year will have a smartphone that hooks up to a card reading device. One easy swipe and you can give as much as you want.
credit cards, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos