7 On Your Side
Salvation Army bell ringers will accept credit cards
The next time you pass by a Salvation Army kettle and don't have loose change, don't worry, you can still donate.
Many Salvation Army bell ringers this year will have high tech gadgets so you can swipe your credit or debit card. The charity recognizes lots of shoppers don't walk around with cash the way we used to.
So many of the bell ringers this year will have a smartphone that hooks up to a card reading device. One easy swipe and you can give as much as you want.
credit cards, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 34 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 13 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos