7 On Your Side
Sales of flat-screen TVs up this year
Shoppers are going for iPads and smartphones as expected, but there's also been a huge rush on television sets. Industry analysts report sales of flat-screen TVs are up 15 percent compared to last year.
Customers are clamoring because of big discounts offered on big screens.
The website Dealnews.com says there were 77 major sales offered during Black Friday weekend. Target was selling a 46-inch Westinghouse LCD for half off -- just $298. Best Buy took $400 off the price of a 55-inch Samsung LED.
Retailers say they plan even more sales this holiday.
shopping, black friday, television, 7 on your side
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 58 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 40 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos