7 On Your Side
Sales of flat-screen TVs up this year
Shoppers are going for iPads and smartphones as expected, but there's also been a huge rush on television sets. Industry analysts report sales of flat-screen TVs are up 15 percent compared to last year.
Customers are clamoring because of big discounts offered on big screens.
The website Dealnews.com says there were 77 major sales offered during Black Friday weekend. Target was selling a 46-inch Westinghouse LCD for half off -- just $298. Best Buy took $400 off the price of a 55-inch Samsung LED.
Retailers say they plan even more sales this holiday.
shopping, black friday, television, 7 on your side
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos