7 On Your Side
Sales of flat-screen TVs up this year
Shoppers are going for iPads and smartphones as expected, but there's also been a huge rush on television sets. Industry analysts report sales of flat-screen TVs are up 15 percent compared to last year.
Customers are clamoring because of big discounts offered on big screens.
The website Dealnews.com says there were 77 major sales offered during Black Friday weekend. Target was selling a 46-inch Westinghouse LCD for half off -- just $298. Best Buy took $400 off the price of a 55-inch Samsung LED.
Retailers say they plan even more sales this holiday.
shopping, black friday, television, 7 on your side
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 45 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 27 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 30 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 7 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
27 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
16 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
21 min ago