7 On Your Side
Study: Credit card rewards getting better
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bankrate.com has studied the rewards credit cards and says the deals are better this year than last. Among the findings are 1-percent cash back continues to be the baseline from which comparisons should begin.
Nearly half of the time, cash-back credit cards offer higher payouts for certain spending categories like gasoline or groceries.
Bankrate.com says big spenders should either consider cards that pay 2-percent rewards on all purchases, or cards that offer an annual bonus.
Another thing to look for in a card is a signing bonus. Many reward cards now offer upfront cash or points just for signing up.
credit cards, 7 on your side, michael finney
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco 38 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 5 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos