7 On Your Side
Frequent flyers can cash in unwanted gift cards
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There's another way you can put those unwanted gift cards to use. Two out of 10 gift cards purchased will never be spent.
United Airlines is offering its frequent flyers a chance to cash in on those cards. You can now convert those gift cards into frequent flyer miles.
Cards from 60 retailers are eligible for the program.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 44 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday