7 On Your Side
How hackers are easily getting into your computer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- We hear often about data breaches, so what's the number one way hackers get into your computer?
It turns out it's not by using any fancy techie know-how. It's by guessing your password.
Security experts from Verizon and TrustWave studied data breaches and found many victims had passwords that are way too easy to guess.
The most common password used in business is "Password1." The second most common is "welcome."
The obvious remedy is to pick something more complicated.
hacking, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 8 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos