7 On Your Side
Walmart pays big fine for overcharging customers
One of the nation's biggest retailers is paying a big fine for overcharging its customers. There's a new settlement with Walmart.
Walmart has agreed to pay more than $2 million because it failed to stop overcharging customers. The retail giant was ordered four years ago to correct a pattern of charging customers more than the price posted on store shelves. However, a follow-up investigation found the retail chain was still overcharging.
Walmart will now pay $2.1 million in fines. Also, customers who are overcharged will be entitled to $3 off the lowest price for that item. So keep track when you're shopping.
walmart, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday