7 On Your Side
Gas prices seem to decline slightly
There's a bit of relief for drivers as gas prices appear to be on the decline.
The worst may be over at the pump as gasoline prices have begun falling. After a four month surge, which pushed the national average for a gallon of gas to nearly $4, prices at the pump have dropped 6 cents over the past two weeks to a national average of $3.88.
Some say the price could drop another nickel in the next week, which means it would be the first time since October of 2009 drivers would be paying less than they did a year earlier.
On Monday the average price for regular gas in California was $4.16.
gas prices, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 18 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 40 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 10 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 6 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos