7 On Your Side
How to get the best value on electronics
Whether you're spending more money or not, most of us enjoy a good bargain. Money Magazine has released its tips on getting the best value on electronics.
Look for sales of flat screen TVs right before the Super Bowl. The best deals on computers are usually found in late summer during back to school shopping season.
Web sites like Decide.com track prices and predict when prices will go down. And don't rule out refurbished models. They come with warranties and are often a good as new.
Money Magazine also prefers name brands for their quality over off brands.
shopping, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 29 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 22 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 3 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 57 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 45 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos