7 On Your Side
Census Bureau: renting is up at a 15-year high
A report from the Census Bureau has found that the number of people renting a home is at a 15-year high.
Less and less of us own a home these days despite mortgage rates at near record lows. It seems it's still difficult to get approved for a mortgage.
There are signs, however, that the housing market could turn around.
Younger people are seeing an uptick in the job market and that could mean more people will be able to afford a home and qualify for a mortgage.
housing market, 7 on your side, michael finney
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
45 min ago