7 On Your Side
Census Bureau: renting is up at a 15-year high
A report from the Census Bureau has found that the number of people renting a home is at a 15-year high.
Less and less of us own a home these days despite mortgage rates at near record lows. It seems it's still difficult to get approved for a mortgage.
There are signs, however, that the housing market could turn around.
Younger people are seeing an uptick in the job market and that could mean more people will be able to afford a home and qualify for a mortgage.
housing market, 7 on your side, michael finney
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos