7 On Your Side
Census Bureau: renting is up at a 15-year high
A report from the Census Bureau has found that the number of people renting a home is at a 15-year high.
Less and less of us own a home these days despite mortgage rates at near record lows. It seems it's still difficult to get approved for a mortgage.
There are signs, however, that the housing market could turn around.
Younger people are seeing an uptick in the job market and that could mean more people will be able to afford a home and qualify for a mortgage.
housing market, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire 58 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 28 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos