7 On Your Side
Census Bureau: renting is up at a 15-year high
A report from the Census Bureau has found that the number of people renting a home is at a 15-year high.
Less and less of us own a home these days despite mortgage rates at near record lows. It seems it's still difficult to get approved for a mortgage.
There are signs, however, that the housing market could turn around.
Younger people are seeing an uptick in the job market and that could mean more people will be able to afford a home and qualify for a mortgage.
housing market, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos