7 On Your Side
Delta passenger captures bird strike on video
A passenger is in trouble for capturing video of a bird strike on a Delta Airline flight.
The video shows the birds fly by, and then they get sucked into the plane's engines.
It happened during takeoff from JFK airport. The passenger, Grant Cardone, is now in trouble because passengers were supposed to have all their electronic devices turned off at the time.
But Cardone says he did it thinking they were doomed.
The flight made a safe emergency landing and Cardone received a warning from the FAA.
airline industry, animal, animals in peril, caught on tape, FAA, 7 on your side
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 28 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 19 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 23 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 30 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 6 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday