7 On Your Side
Delta passenger captures bird strike on video
A passenger is in trouble for capturing video of a bird strike on a Delta Airline flight.
The video shows the birds fly by, and then they get sucked into the plane's engines.
It happened during takeoff from JFK airport. The passenger, Grant Cardone, is now in trouble because passengers were supposed to have all their electronic devices turned off at the time.
But Cardone says he did it thinking they were doomed.
The flight made a safe emergency landing and Cardone received a warning from the FAA.
airline industry, animal, animals in peril, caught on tape, FAA, 7 on your side
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 51 min ago
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer 19 min ago
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos