7 On Your Side
Toyota annouces price of electric Rav4
Is it an electric shock or sticker shock? Toyota's electric Rav4 will save on gas. But it'll cost you.
Toyota said Monday the electric Rav4 will cost $49,800 when it goes on sale this summer. That's more than double the starting price of the gas version. The electric version of the popular SUVwill go around 100 miles on a charge.
The electric Rav4 goes on sale in California this summer and Toyota expects to sell 2,600 over the next three years. It also widens the choices for U.S. buyers. Until now, the only electrics on the market were small cars like the Nissan Leaf and high-end sports cars from Tesla.
electric vehicles, toyota, 7 on your side
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday