7 On Your Side
Toyota annouces price of electric Rav4
Is it an electric shock or sticker shock? Toyota's electric Rav4 will save on gas. But it'll cost you.
Toyota said Monday the electric Rav4 will cost $49,800 when it goes on sale this summer. That's more than double the starting price of the gas version. The electric version of the popular SUVwill go around 100 miles on a charge.
The electric Rav4 goes on sale in California this summer and Toyota expects to sell 2,600 over the next three years. It also widens the choices for U.S. buyers. Until now, the only electrics on the market were small cars like the Nissan Leaf and high-end sports cars from Tesla.
electric vehicles, toyota, 7 on your side
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 53 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 4 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos