7 On Your Side
FTC goes after billing service group
Federal regulators are going after a billing service it says bilked customers out of millions of dollars. The Federal Trade Commission is seeking a court order against Hold Billing Services, otherwise known as the Billing Services Group.
For four years beginning in 2006 BSG is accused of adding phony phone charges totaling more than $50 million. The practice is known as cramming because they're cramming bills onto your real bill.
The FTC is seeking $52 million in damages against the company.
FTC, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge 43 min ago
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos