7 On Your Side
Flights this summer expected to be jammed
If you're traveling overseas this summer, expect your flight to be jam-packed.
Airlines predict a record number of Americans will fly overseas from June through August. International flights will carry an estimated 26.8 million passengers. That's a half-million more than last summer.
Domestic flights will carry about 179 million passengers -- there's no real change from last year, but they will be more crowded because airlines are reducing the amount of flights.
So planes will be full and that means if your flight is canceled due to weather, good luck getting another flight.
airline industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested 33 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops 53 min ago
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos