7 On Your Side
Verizon moves away from unlimited data plans
The cost of using a smartphone is likely to go up for many Verizon customers.
You can pretty much kiss unlimited data plans goodbye.
Last summer Verizon went to a tiered pricing system, but 3G customers already in unlimited pricing plans were allowed to continue.
Verizon has announced its 3G customers will now have to transition to its new 4G LTE service and when that happens, everyone will be put on tiered pricing.
In Verizon's own words, it's moving away from the unlimited world.
verizon, 7 on your side, michael finney
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday