7 On Your Side
Verizon moves away from unlimited data plans
The cost of using a smartphone is likely to go up for many Verizon customers.
You can pretty much kiss unlimited data plans goodbye.
Last summer Verizon went to a tiered pricing system, but 3G customers already in unlimited pricing plans were allowed to continue.
Verizon has announced its 3G customers will now have to transition to its new 4G LTE service and when that happens, everyone will be put on tiered pricing.
In Verizon's own words, it's moving away from the unlimited world.
verizon, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests 40 min ago
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives 40 min ago
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- City College San Francisco protests lead to...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos