7 On Your Side
Verizon moves away from unlimited data plans
The cost of using a smartphone is likely to go up for many Verizon customers.
You can pretty much kiss unlimited data plans goodbye.
Last summer Verizon went to a tiered pricing system, but 3G customers already in unlimited pricing plans were allowed to continue.
Verizon has announced its 3G customers will now have to transition to its new 4G LTE service and when that happens, everyone will be put on tiered pricing.
In Verizon's own words, it's moving away from the unlimited world.
verizon, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Officials to give update on new Bay Bridge bolts 17 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 37 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos