7 On Your Side
Verizon moves away from unlimited data plans
The cost of using a smartphone is likely to go up for many Verizon customers.
You can pretty much kiss unlimited data plans goodbye.
Last summer Verizon went to a tiered pricing system, but 3G customers already in unlimited pricing plans were allowed to continue.
Verizon has announced its 3G customers will now have to transition to its new 4G LTE service and when that happens, everyone will be put on tiered pricing.
In Verizon's own words, it's moving away from the unlimited world.
verizon, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 24 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 50 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 53 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 47 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos