7 On Your Side
Does eating healthy cost more?
Fact or myth? It costs more to eat healthy.
The answer according to the U.S. Agriculture Department, that's a myth.
It cost less to eat a diet of fruits, vegetables and dairy than it is to eat junk food. That's true when you compare the cost by weight and portion size.
Eating healthy also means less obesity and lower health care costs.
food, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday