7 On Your Side
Microsoft's Bing to include social media results
The nation's second largest search engine is trying to get into the social media business.
Microsoft's Bing is adding a service that lets you consult friends while you search online. The feature tells you which of your social media friends might know something about your search topics.
The USA Today's Ed Baig got a preview. He says, "The more people there, in theory, the better, leading to more richer search results. I liked what I saw. Will it make me go to Bing before Google? Not necessarily, but I do like what I saw."
Bing says it will be a few more weeks before all the features are up and working.
microsoft, social media, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward 55 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 36 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos