7 On Your Side
FTC says Oreck made false claims
If you bought an Oreck vacuum cleaner, you could have money coming your way.
The Federal Trade Commission says the company made false and unproven claims that their product could reduce the risk of flu and other illnesses.
Consumers who bought the Oreck Halo Vacuum will receive $25 for each purchase. Those who bought the Oreck Pro-Shield Plus Air Cleaner will get $24.65 cents for each item.
Nearly $700,000 in checks are being mailed beginning Tuesday.
In other Federal Trade Commission news, a federal judge ordered "Pom Wonderful" Pomegranate juice to stop making claims of health benefits and performance for its beverages.
FTC, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 28 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos