7 On Your Side
Plan for separate airline seat pricing
Here is another new airliner fee: an extra charge for sitting next to your child or spouse. Airline seats used to come in one of three ways: coach, business or first class. But more and more the airlines are parsing seats with-in the coach section.
Extra leg room costs more, sitting on an emergency aisle does too. Well, now airlines are charging more for window and aisle seats. Which means for two people traveling together to sit together -- even a mother and child -- at least one of the seats will come at a premium cost.
"The bad news is you might have to end up having to pay for it, because airlines have started charging for more of these seats," said Brett Snyder from Crankyflyer.com.
Those who want to try to avoid the extra charge should try to book at least two months in advance. Then some of the more desirable seats are not yet priced with the premium price.
airline industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 17 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 8 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 20 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
33 min ago