7 On Your Side
New trend in travel appeals to foodies
If you love food, you may want to consider a new trend in traveling-- it's called "culinary touring."
There are now all kinds of foodie tours on the travel circuit -- like the one at Little Saigon in Los Angeles. The vacations often include tours of local markets, cooking classes, wine tasting, even visits to farms where the food comes from.
It's a way to eat well and learn about the place you're visiting.
Several travel sites now offer tours for taste buds. They say, choose a cuisine you like and come hungry.
travel, food, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation 59 min ago
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
42 min ago