7 On Your Side
Mom on mission to stop texting and driving
A mother, whose son was killed while texting and driving, is now trying to stop more tragedies like it. The grieving mom led a crusade for a Georgia law against cellphone use in cars. Now she is speaking out about efforts to enforce law.
"This is awesome. I mean you can guarantee your kids are not going to be doing this while driving," said Mandi Sorohan from Atlanta, George.
She is encouraging the use of a device called cellcontrol can plugs into your car and turns off a teenager's cellphone when the car is in motion. We reported earlier about a similar concept, a cellphone app that turns off the phone when the car is moving.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Stores stay open around the clock before...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos