7 On Your Side
Rep. Miller asks for investigation into campus credit cards
Bay Area Rep. George Miller, D-Martinez, is asking for an investigation into sweetheart deals between universities and banks.
There's concern students are being steered into high cost debit cards. The congressman says nine million students are at risk of being nickel-and-dimed to death because their debit cards may come with high user fees and hidden costs.
The culprit are campus credit cards that charge fees for every transaction, fees for balance inquiries and fees for closing the accounts.
credit cards, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 31 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
31 min ago