7 On Your Side
Shoppers care more about stores than about brands
A new study finds people care more about where they shop than the brand name of the item they buy.
The study, just completed by online coupon search engine shopathome.com, shows 62 percent of consumers searched for store-centric deals, 24 percent for product-specific coupons, while only 14 percent search specifically for brand name product discounts online.
Nearly half of all U.S. consumers will use online coupons and codes during 2012.
shopping, 7 on your side
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 48 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 22 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case