7 On Your Side
Shoppers care more about stores than about brands
A new study finds people care more about where they shop than the brand name of the item they buy.
The study, just completed by online coupon search engine shopathome.com, shows 62 percent of consumers searched for store-centric deals, 24 percent for product-specific coupons, while only 14 percent search specifically for brand name product discounts online.
Nearly half of all U.S. consumers will use online coupons and codes during 2012.
shopping, 7 on your side
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support 31 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies 15 min ago
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Santa Clara County hit hard by bad air
17 min ago