7 On Your Side
Shoppers care more about stores than about brands
A new study finds people care more about where they shop than the brand name of the item they buy.
The study, just completed by online coupon search engine shopathome.com, shows 62 percent of consumers searched for store-centric deals, 24 percent for product-specific coupons, while only 14 percent search specifically for brand name product discounts online.
Nearly half of all U.S. consumers will use online coupons and codes during 2012.
shopping, 7 on your side
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 15 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
28 min ago